A Unique Program Providing The Missing Piece To Your Weight Loss, Improved Health and A Better Life
9618 Huebner Road Suite 320 · San Antonio, TX 78240 · 210-634-2200
The Bariatric Counseling Center is an innovative program designed to help people who have struggled with eating and weight loss by providing therapy and support in a unique, multi-faceted group and one-on-one format. The program enables people to understand and then change their relationship with food and achieve lasting weight loss and improved quality of life.
Our clients are….
- People who have tried dieting and failed repeatedly.
- People pursuing weight loss surgery who understand the value and necessity of a lifestyle change and realize it can best achieved with assistance from experts.
- People who had weight loss surgery but have not achieved the desired results or have perhaps fallen back into old habits.
If you identify with any one of these descriptions, the program at The Bariatric Counseling Center is likely a great fit to ensure your success.
We focus on making behavioral change with food, eating and lifestyle, adjusting mindset and changing actions, in a program where staff and clients understand how difficult the struggle to achieve lasting results and long-term success truly is. It is often difficult to take the first step to reach out for assistance, but we are in San Antonio to support and assist you with success and can guarantee you will be met with kindness and compassion by staff members who understand the struggle.
If you are struggling with weight loss, emotional eating or binge eating behaviors give us a call at 210-634-2200 to see how our program can change your life.
Our program is offered in person, with COVID safety precautions in place, or over Zoom. Clients can participate either in person, through Zoom or a combination of both, depending on comfort level. A chef prepared meal is included for all in person attendees.
The Bariatric Counseling Center program includes:
- Recovery skills groups overseen by our staff Psychologist to establish new ways to offset urges to eat off plan, binge eat or emotionally eat.
- Coping skills-based groups to make the lifelong transition into healthy eating and establish a healthy lifestyle.
- Dietary Support from Registered Dietitians to assist with meal planning and navigating eating out and grocery shopping.
- Cooking meals in our state-of-the-art teaching kitchen with our Executive Chef to learn to create healthy meals and avoid diet deprivation.
- Eating meals with staff and clients and learning to consume meals mindfully.
- Instruction and learning to gain insight and awareness and learn to act and live in accordance with new healthy goals.
- Movement groups lead by Registered Physical Therapists to find joy and create a lasting plan to move for improved wellness.
- Mental health services with our staff Psychiatrist to address depression and anxiety.
We are in network with all major private insurers, including Aetna, Blue Cross, Beacon, Cigna, ComPsych, Humana, Magellan, Multi-Plan, Optum, United, and Oscar, and we are fully accredited by Joint Commission.
Call us today to review your insurance benefits and understand how the support can change your life.
A professional intake counselor is waiting for your call and will work to provide information regarding how your insurance coverage often covers the program.
Call 210-634-2200 now